Writing on the wall

Profound perspectives on mundane happenings, smattered with a helping of humour.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Aisle of man

The amount of creativity in some people never ceases to amaze. For a new branding, Indian Airlines changed their name to something drastically different, hold your breath, Indian.

To my surprise, they called 90 minutes before intended departure and informed me of a half-an-hour delay.

To ensure that their passengers are not shocked by other changes, the airlines have decided to continue with their regular customer service. The representative at the check-in counter was asked, "Can I have an aisle seat?". He looked and finally offered a window seat.

Shouldn't be complaining, I thought. I got to my seat and found no reason to complain. My row was free - window to aisle. Wonder why the guy gave me a window seat when I had asked for an aisle seat and there were many available?

Maybe he misheard me. After all, 'window' and 'aisle' sound very similar, don't they?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home