Writing on the wall

Profound perspectives on mundane happenings, smattered with a helping of humour.

Friday, November 03, 2006

A visit to the dentist

Had been to the tooth-doctor last Tuesday. And, what a pain it was ... literally.

Reminded me of the "anti-dentite" joke from Seinfeld:
The difference between a dentist and a sadist: Newer magazines.

The dentist is one more person to avoid. I was getting rid of my list of people to avoid:
  • The tailor: Hate his "Please inhale and hold your stomach out" for the pant waist size. My stomach is only this big and it doesn't get any bigger.
    Solution: Switched to ready-made pants ages back.
  • The barber: "Can you cut a little bit more in the front?" I ask. The barber makes some motions (and makes some clicking noises with the scissors as if cutting) and leaves hair as it is.
    Solution: Just leave if he thinks it is through.
  • The eye doctor: "Is this better or", turns the glass 63.5 degrees, "is this better?", he asks. No difference, I say. Sometimes, I can't say if they are equally bad.
    Solution: Keep quiet.
The dentist has joined this list, I hope my last visit was just teething troubles and would go away soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 am, Blogger రామ ShastriX said…

    Ha, ha, Suds. Ogden Nash said something like:

    Some tortures are physical and others are mental
    But one that's both
    Is dental.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home