Writing on the wall

Profound perspectives on mundane happenings, smattered with a helping of humour.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Been there, done that!


This photo of Friendship Bay, Becquia, reminded me of the time I was there (26-27 May, 1996, to be precise). I would not be surpised if Lee Falk was inspired by Becquia to write about the Jade Hut on the golden sands of Keela-Wee in his Phantom Comics.

The sand was white as snow and the sea was clear as, well, water. In the unpolluted sea (Caribbean Sea, if you are wondering which), a baby shark was visible on the sea-floor.

Of course, that was not the only shark. The Jaws and the rest of the Barabdos gang were also there. Hope the sea and the beach remain the same as they were 10 years back. Those were the days when I belonged to the "young people" group and the Jaws (aka Jawahar Desai) looked like this.

Some more photos of beautiful Becquia's best beaches are here.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:10 am, Blogger రామ ShastriX said…

    Very nice, Suds.

    Duly gnoted.

     
  • At 3:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing these great pics. That place looks like paradise.

     
  • At 10:30 pm, Blogger Reshma said…

    Hello Sudarsan,

    Its very nice to hear that you have witnessed one of most stunning scenic beauties of God's creation. Thank you very much for letting me know that it was on my desktop. Iam really astonished to hear that you have been there... Once again I thank you for describing the beach in such an elegant manner... I felt as if I was there in the beach when I read that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home