Writing on the wall

Profound perspectives on mundane happenings, smattered with a helping of humour.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Can I open the window for a smoke?

Glad that I have never encountered such people on my flights, although I have had the company of a drunk man who got up a few minutes before take-off because he wanted to go to the bank!

With airfare becoming cheaper thanks to low-cost airlines like Air Deccan or Spice Jet, I am not ruling out the airlines doing cost-cutting and maximising space usage, by removing windows and allowing standees on their flights.

Standing remings me of my friend Abhay's quote:
To win, you have to stand united.
It is OK to stand united, but don't fly United.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 am, Blogger రామ ShastriX said…

    Ha, ha.

    I remember one case from 1991 where one dude got his office peon to do the check-in for him on an AMD-DEL flight. The peon thought it was like a bus and ended up getting into the plane. Only when the plane started moving did he raise a racket. That created a big stink and he ended up in the clink!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home